My publication list is separated into four categories: scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals (published), policy publications, scientific peer-reviewed journal publications in preparation or review, and conference presentations and posters. You can access these from the links below; a few featured publications are displayed on this page. As of September 2014, I have published 27 papers in top-rated journals (with total Impact Factor, [IF] = 123.52), and multiple high impact policy publications. My work has been cited 841 times, and my h-index is 14 and i10 index is 19. .
- McQuatters-Gollop, A., Edwards, M., Helaouët, P., Johns, D.G., Owens, N.J.P., Raitsos, D.E., Schroeder, D., Skinner, J., and Stern, R.F., (2015). The Continuous Plankton Recorder survey: how can long-term phytoplankton datasets deliver Good Environmental Status? Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 162:88-97.
- Elliott, M., Borja, Á., McQuatters-Gollop, A., Mazik, K., Birchenough, S., Andersen, J.H., Painting, S., and Peck, M., (2015). Force majeure: will climate change affect our ability to attain Good Environmental Status for marine biodiversity? Marine Pollution Bulletin, 95:7-27.
- Gilbert, A.J., McQuatters-Gollop, A., Langmead, O., Mee, L. and Vermaat, J., (2015). Visions for the North Sea: the societal dilemma of specifying good environmental status. Ambio, 44:142-153.
- Raitsos, D.E., Pradhan, Y., Lavender, S.J., Hoteit, I., McQuatters-Gollop, A. and Reid, P.C., (2014). From silk to satellite; a half century of ocean colour changes in the Northeast Atlantic. Global Change Biology, 20:2117-2123.
- Beare, D., McQuatters-Gollop, A., Hall-Spencer, J., van der Hammen, T., Machiels, M. and Teoh, S.J., (2013). Long-term trends in calcifying plankton and pH in the North Sea. PlosOne, 8: e61175.
- Beaugrand, G., McQuatters-Gollop, A., Edwards, M. and Goberville, E., (2013). Long-term responses of North Atlantic calcifying plankton to climate change. Nature Climate Change, 3: 263-267.
- McQuatters-Gollop, A. (2012). Challenges for implementing the Marine Strategy Framework Directive in a climate of macroecological change. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society, 370: 5636-5655.
- McQuatters-Gollop, A., Reid, P.C., Edwards, M., Burkill, P., Castellani, C., Batten, S., Gieskes, W., Beare, D., Bidigare, R., Head, E., Johnson, R., Kahru, M., Koslow, J. and Pena, M. (2011). Is there a decline in marine phytoplankton? Nature 472:E6-E7.
- Moffat, C, Aish, A., Hawkridge, J.M., Miles, H., Mitchell, P. I., McQuatters-Gollop, A., Frost, M., Greenstreet, S., Pinn, E., Proudfoot, R., Sanderson, W. G., & Tasker, M. L. (2011). Advice on United Kingdom biodiversity indicators and targets for the Marine Strategy Framework Directive. Healthy and Biologically Diverse Seas Evidence Group Report to the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. 207pp.
- McQuatters-Gollop, A., Gilbert, A.J., Mee, L.D., Vermaat, J.E., Artioli, Y., Humborg, C. and Wulff, F., (2009). How well do ecosystem indicators communicate the effects of anthropogenic eutrophication? Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 82:583–596.
- McQuatters-Gollop, A., D.E. Raitsos, M. Edwards, Y. Pradhan, L.D. Mee, S.J. Lavender, and M.J. Attrill (2007). A long-term chlorophyll dataset reveals regime shift in North Sea phytoplankton biomass unconnected to increasing nutrient levels. Limnology and Oceanography 52: 635-648.